<?xml version="1.0"?><!-- generator="bbPress" -->

<rss version="2.0"
	xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/"
	xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
>

<channel>
<title>CityCyclingEdinburgh Forum &#187; Topic: Gritted Innocent!</title>
<link>http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/</link>
<description>CityCyclingEdinburgh Forum &#187; Topic: Gritted Innocent!</description>
<language>en</language>
<pubDate>Mon, 05 Oct 2026 04:51:26 +0000</pubDate>

<item>
<title>chdot on "Gritted Innocent!"</title>
<link>http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/topic.php?id=9239#post-96483</link>
<pubDate>Fri, 11 Jan 2013 10:20:41 +0000</pubDate>
<dc:creator>chdot</dc:creator>
<guid isPermaLink="false">96483@http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/</guid>
<description>&#60;p&#62;&#60;a href=&#34;http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?categoryID=1291&#38;amp;documentID=361&#38;amp;pageNumber=1 &#34;&#62;Map of winter gritting routes and salt bins in Edinburgh&#60;/a&#62;
&#60;/p&#62;</description>
</item>
<item>
<title>chdot on "Gritted Innocent!"</title>
<link>http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/topic.php?id=9239#post-96363</link>
<pubDate>Thu, 10 Jan 2013 11:32:31 +0000</pubDate>
<dc:creator>chdot</dc:creator>
<guid isPermaLink="false">96363@http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/</guid>
<description>&#60;p&#62;&#34;No the bit between the Tunnel and DRW has been gritted&#34;&#60;/p&#62;
&#60;p&#62;Ahhhh yesss&#60;/p&#62;
&#60;p&#62;I can see that from my own photo. &#60;/p&#62;
&#60;p&#62;Well it was a bit sunny and I was cycling late.  &#60;/p&#62;
&#60;p&#62;(Excuses)
&#60;/p&#62;</description>
</item>
<item>
<title>Min on "Gritted Innocent!"</title>
<link>http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/topic.php?id=9239#post-96347</link>
<pubDate>Thu, 10 Jan 2013 11:04:41 +0000</pubDate>
<dc:creator>Min</dc:creator>
<guid isPermaLink="false">96347@http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/</guid>
<description>&#60;p&#62;Ah that's okay then!
&#60;/p&#62;</description>
</item>
<item>
<title>Wilmington&#039;s Cow on "Gritted Innocent!"</title>
<link>http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/topic.php?id=9239#post-96342</link>
<pubDate>Thu, 10 Jan 2013 10:51:34 +0000</pubDate>
<dc:creator>Wilmington&#039;s Cow</dc:creator>
<guid isPermaLink="false">96342@http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/</guid>
<description>&#60;p&#62;Ah, the tractor that was loading up from the grit bin when I passed (and was spreading grit around the white gate) must have carried on down to Bingham - excellent, good to know that's been gritted too!&#60;/p&#62;
&#60;p&#62;The grit on the other side of the white fence and up to the tunnel isn't the same white stuff - not sure why, might just be that the grit bin at the bottom of the tunnel has different stuff, and that's where he first filled from?&#60;/p&#62;
&#60;p&#62;But basically, well done Edinburgh Council!
&#60;/p&#62;</description>
</item>
<item>
<title>chdot on "Gritted Innocent!"</title>
<link>http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/topic.php?id=9239#post-96340</link>
<pubDate>Thu, 10 Jan 2013 10:45:51 +0000</pubDate>
<dc:creator>chdot</dc:creator>
<guid isPermaLink="false">96340@http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/</guid>
<description>&#60;p&#62;&#34;No the bit between the Tunnel and DRW has been gritted&#34;&#60;/p&#62;
&#60;p&#62;OK!&#60;/p&#62;
&#60;p&#62;Obviously I didn't go that way, but it didn't seem as though there was grit the other side of the gate. &#60;/p&#62;
&#60;p&#62;I was on way to Porty, Bingham section nicely gritted. More leaf debris than I remember from previous years - perhaps it wasn't windy enough at right time!
&#60;/p&#62;</description>
</item>
<item>
<title>Wilmington&#039;s Cow on "Gritted Innocent!"</title>
<link>http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/topic.php?id=9239#post-96334</link>
<pubDate>Thu, 10 Jan 2013 10:18:33 +0000</pubDate>
<dc:creator>Wilmington&#039;s Cow</dc:creator>
<guid isPermaLink="false">96334@http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/</guid>
<description>&#60;p&#62;No the bit between the Tunnel and DRW &#60;em&#62;has&#60;/em&#62; been gritted. It's gritted all the way from that white gate, up through St Leonard's on the NCN.&#60;/p&#62;
&#60;p&#62;I'd assumed the east section hadn't been gritted simply because it's not on that priority list (same as the Forkenford bit).
&#60;/p&#62;</description>
</item>
<item>
<title>chdot on "Gritted Innocent!"</title>
<link>http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/topic.php?id=9239#post-96332</link>
<pubDate>Thu, 10 Jan 2013 10:14:20 +0000</pubDate>
<dc:creator>chdot</dc:creator>
<guid isPermaLink="false">96332@http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/</guid>
<description>&#60;p&#62;@DW I think I have confused you with my assumptions. &#60;/p&#62;
&#60;p&#62;I know the stretch to the Tunnel is on priority list - and (according to reports here) hasn't been gritted yet. &#60;/p&#62;
&#60;p&#62;I believe DRW is the dividing line between East and South teams. Perhaps it's been agreed that East should do the bit on the other side of the road too as it would be easier because of the gate. &#60;/p&#62;
&#60;p&#62;The other pic is the new(ish) section from nearby (Forkenford) to the Peffermill Ind Est. which I suspect isn't on priority list (but I haven't checked).
&#60;/p&#62;</description>
</item>
<item>
<title>Min on "Gritted Innocent!"</title>
<link>http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/topic.php?id=9239#post-96330</link>
<pubDate>Thu, 10 Jan 2013 10:10:02 +0000</pubDate>
<dc:creator>Min</dc:creator>
<guid isPermaLink="false">96330@http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/</guid>
<description>&#60;p&#62;Yes it seems a bit odd to stop it there since it seems the vast majority are going to/from the Bingham stretch. I wonder what the reason is?
&#60;/p&#62;</description>
</item>
<item>
<title>Wilmington&#039;s Cow on "Gritted Innocent!"</title>
<link>http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/topic.php?id=9239#post-96329</link>
<pubDate>Thu, 10 Jan 2013 10:03:48 +0000</pubDate>
<dc:creator>Wilmington&#039;s Cow</dc:creator>
<guid isPermaLink="false">96329@http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/</guid>
<description>&#60;p&#62;That top bit &#60;em&#62;is&#60;/em&#62; on the priority list though chdot, hence the gritting. The problem is, without gritting the eastern section out to and beyond Bingham it's a bit of a road to nowhere.&#60;/p&#62;
&#60;p&#62;I know some people come off at Duddingston Road West, but there are loads who don't. Just means I'll still revert back to the road if it's particularly bad (or still need the ice tyres), otherwise I'm riding up to Duddingston Village on the road to then cut along Duddingston Road West, and if I'm doing that I may as well just go through the village and the park rather than take in a big detour.&#60;/p&#62;
&#60;p&#62;It's a great start, and I was really happy to see it being done. I just wish there was a little more 'gumption' and will to do it all &#60;em&#62;properly&#60;/em&#62;.
&#60;/p&#62;</description>
</item>
<item>
<title>chdot on "Gritted Innocent!"</title>
<link>http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/topic.php?id=9239#post-96312</link>
<pubDate>Wed, 09 Jan 2013 20:44:47 +0000</pubDate>
<dc:creator>chdot</dc:creator>
<guid isPermaLink="false">96312@http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/</guid>
<description>&#60;p&#62;Was a bit surprised to see grit on this side of DRW as it's South Team's side of the road, access for the rest is from above the Tunnel. &#60;/p&#62;
&#60;p&#62;&#60;a href=&#34;http://www.flickr.com/photos/chdot/8365102940/&#34;&#62;&#60;img src=&#34;http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8323/8365102940_1b5534daa4.jpg&#34;&#62;&#60;/a&#62;&#60;/p&#62;
&#60;p&#62;I expect this bit isn't on 'gritting priority' list - and looks likely to be slippy when it freezes -&#60;/p&#62;
&#60;p&#62;&#60;a href=&#34;http://www.flickr.com/photos/chdot/8365101218/&#34;&#62;&#60;img src=&#34;http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8356/8365101218_fce80dcf5c.jpg&#34;&#62;&#60;/a&#62;&#60;br /&#62;
&#60;a href=&#34;http://www.flickr.com/photos/chdot/8365101218/&#34;&#62;Innocent to Peffermill link&#60;/a&#62;
&#60;/p&#62;</description>
</item>
<item>
<title>Min on "Gritted Innocent!"</title>
<link>http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/topic.php?id=9239#post-96296</link>
<pubDate>Wed, 09 Jan 2013 16:42:05 +0000</pubDate>
<dc:creator>Min</dc:creator>
<guid isPermaLink="false">96296@http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/</guid>
<description>&#60;p&#62;I don't actually have mine on yet since I wasn't cycling during the cold period before Christmas. I should put them on though to make sure they keep gritting the path!
&#60;/p&#62;</description>
</item>
<item>
<title>amir on "Gritted Innocent!"</title>
<link>http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/topic.php?id=9239#post-96295</link>
<pubDate>Wed, 09 Jan 2013 16:39:49 +0000</pubDate>
<dc:creator>amir</dc:creator>
<guid isPermaLink="false">96295@http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/</guid>
<description>&#60;p&#62;And I hope everyone's got their studded tyres on to scare the cold weather away
&#60;/p&#62;</description>
</item>
<item>
<title>Wilmington&#039;s Cow on "Gritted Innocent!"</title>
<link>http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/topic.php?id=9239#post-96294</link>
<pubDate>Wed, 09 Jan 2013 16:08:23 +0000</pubDate>
<dc:creator>Wilmington&#039;s Cow</dc:creator>
<guid isPermaLink="false">96294@http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/</guid>
<description>&#60;p&#62;Yep, what wingpig said - the threat of frost and ice was such that the gritting was welcome.
&#60;/p&#62;</description>
</item>
<item>
<title>amir on "Gritted Innocent!"</title>
<link>http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/topic.php?id=9239#post-96286</link>
<pubDate>Wed, 09 Jan 2013 15:32:16 +0000</pubDate>
<dc:creator>amir</dc:creator>
<guid isPermaLink="false">96286@http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/</guid>
<description>&#60;p&#62;I hope they keep the gritting up.&#60;/p&#62;
&#60;p&#62;No ice at our place last night - it is often frostier than edinburgh - in fact it was almost 3 degrees. It is interesting that the forecast (&#60;a href=&#34;http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2651587?day=0&#34; rel=&#34;nofollow&#34;&#62;http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2651587?day=0&#60;/a&#62;) seems to have warmed up a touch since this morning (at least the mins).
&#60;/p&#62;</description>
</item>
<item>
<title>wingpig on "Gritted Innocent!"</title>
<link>http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/topic.php?id=9239#post-96285</link>
<pubDate>Wed, 09 Jan 2013 15:30:50 +0000</pubDate>
<dc:creator>wingpig</dc:creator>
<guid isPermaLink="false">96285@http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/</guid>
<description>&#60;p&#62;There were a few patches which looked like they'd have liked to have been slightly frosty between Bingham and Duddingston Rd W and a wee patch of almost-frost on the Bingham bus-roundabout.
&#60;/p&#62;</description>
</item>
<item>
<title>Min on "Gritted Innocent!"</title>
<link>http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/topic.php?id=9239#post-96284</link>
<pubDate>Wed, 09 Jan 2013 15:21:44 +0000</pubDate>
<dc:creator>Min</dc:creator>
<guid isPermaLink="false">96284@http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/</guid>
<description>&#60;p&#62;No, because it had been gritted.
&#60;/p&#62;</description>
</item>
<item>
<title>fimm on "Gritted Innocent!"</title>
<link>http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/topic.php?id=9239#post-96282</link>
<pubDate>Wed, 09 Jan 2013 15:18:03 +0000</pubDate>
<dc:creator>fimm</dc:creator>
<guid isPermaLink="false">96282@http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/</guid>
<description>&#60;p&#62;But was it actually icy?
&#60;/p&#62;</description>
</item>
<item>
<title>Cyclingmollie on "Gritted Innocent!"</title>
<link>http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/topic.php?id=9239#post-96281</link>
<pubDate>Wed, 09 Jan 2013 15:11:54 +0000</pubDate>
<dc:creator>Cyclingmollie</dc:creator>
<guid isPermaLink="false">96281@http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/</guid>
<description>&#60;p&#62;That's good news. I used the Innocent to get to work up until last year and at its worst I could push my bike up towards the tunnel side-ways.
&#60;/p&#62;</description>
</item>
<item>
<title>Wilmington&#039;s Cow on "Gritted Innocent!"</title>
<link>http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/topic.php?id=9239#post-96249</link>
<pubDate>Wed, 09 Jan 2013 12:22:05 +0000</pubDate>
<dc:creator>Wilmington&#039;s Cow</dc:creator>
<guid isPermaLink="false">96249@http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/</guid>
<description>&#60;p&#62;Well if people will hide the news in other threads.... ;)
&#60;/p&#62;</description>
</item>
<item>
<title>Min on "Gritted Innocent!"</title>
<link>http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/topic.php?id=9239#post-96246</link>
<pubDate>Wed, 09 Jan 2013 12:18:24 +0000</pubDate>
<dc:creator>Min</dc:creator>
<guid isPermaLink="false">96246@http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/</guid>
<description>&#60;p&#62;Yes, I was utterly gobsmacked to see that. &#60;/p&#62;
&#60;p&#62;I can hardly believe I am actually typing these words - but yes, well done Edinburgh Council!
&#60;/p&#62;</description>
</item>
<item>
<title>SRD on "Gritted Innocent!"</title>
<link>http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/topic.php?id=9239#post-96245</link>
<pubDate>Wed, 09 Jan 2013 12:17:30 +0000</pubDate>
<dc:creator>SRD</dc:creator>
<guid isPermaLink="false">96245@http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/</guid>
<description>&#60;p&#62;&#60;a href=&#34;http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/topic.php?id=9230#post-96230&#34;&#62;'grit on the innocent'&#60;/a&#62; :)
&#60;/p&#62;</description>
</item>
<item>
<title>Wilmington&#039;s Cow on "Gritted Innocent!"</title>
<link>http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/topic.php?id=9239#post-96244</link>
<pubDate>Wed, 09 Jan 2013 12:14:52 +0000</pubDate>
<dc:creator>Wilmington&#039;s Cow</dc:creator>
<guid isPermaLink="false">96244@http://citycyclingedinburgh.info/bbpress/</guid>
<description>&#60;p&#62;Completely forgot to mention this morning - the Innocent Path was gritted this morning (as far as Duddingston Road West - not sure if the tractor filling up from the grit bin there was going to carry along).&#60;/p&#62;
&#60;p&#62;Even more than that, the NCN going through St Leonard's had been gritted. All the wee connecting paths and so on.&#60;/p&#62;
&#60;p&#62;So.&#60;/p&#62;
&#60;p&#62;Well done Edinburgh Council!
&#60;/p&#62;</description>
</item>

</channel>
</rss>
